Salted Caramel or Thyme and Rosemary Popcorn
First the base !
Light fluffy dream like popcorn really not far out of reach. Realistically its only 2 ingredients away. The popcorn kernels and the oil.
What you will need?
- 1 Large pot with lid
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 to 3 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- Pour the oil into the pot, coating the entire surface, place on heat to medium-high
- Place 2 kernels in the pot, once they have popped the oil is ready for the rest
- Pour the remaining kernels into the oil then place on the lid on the pot. Ther kernels should begin to pop almost immediately.
- Every 10 seconds, shake pot to distribute kernels to prevent burning the return back to stove for another 10 seconds. Repeat until the popping has ceased.
- Lift the lid and enjoy!
This is where the magic begins to happen! The base of where your creativity can run wild!
Salted Caramel Popcorn
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 15g Butter
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- Pour sugar and salt into a pot on slow to medium heat. Do not mix
- once 3/4 of the sugar has browned stir in the butter, once stirred in, add the bicarbonate soda to create a honeycomb flavouring to the popcorn
- The mixture should now take on a lighter brown.
- On a baking tray pour the salted caramel over the popcorn. be careful of the caramel it carries a lot of heat!
Thyme and Rosemary
Something Savoury to cut through the sweet! This popcorn is actually my favourite out of the two! Its really warming and I feel a bit more mature this is flavour grouping.
- Chop 2tbsp of Rosemary and Thyme
- Melt butter in a pot, I used salted butter so I wouldn’t need to add salt later
- Mix the herbs in the butter on low heat continue cooking for 7-8 minutes to allow herbs to cook through.
- By handful sizes, mix the popcorn and the butter together so to evenly distribute flavour
Pick a film and enjoy. I recommend Nightclawer- it has Jake Gyllenhaal. Very suspenseful film!
Tell me below if you’re a sweet or savoury person!