I mean the name in itself is a seller, right?!
The beautiful scent of ginger is what really brings this dish to life. It adds a cosy warm feeling enticing all those within a nose sniffing distance. This recipe is fun to make without being too time-consuming or tedious, just a little TLC. Why not try to bring the family together and impress them with your Asian inspired dish.
- 6 Chicken thighs
- 100g ginger
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Spring Onion
- 1 red onion
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 scotch bonnet (optional)
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp of light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- In a bowl, season chicken thighs with 1 tbsp black pepper, 1 tsp salt, cinnamon and 1 tbsp of light brown sugar, leave to rest on the side
- In a separate bowl, add the 3 tbsp of the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, 1 tbsp of black pepper and 1 tsp salt to a small bowl and mix, leave to one side
- To a heated dutch pot add 1tsp of vegetable oil, followed by the ginger, scotch bonnet, garlic and onions. Cook till golden brown 8-10 minutes. Once browned, remove contents from the pot and leave to one side
- Add additional 1 tbsp of vegetable oil to brown chicken cooking on either side for 4-6 minutes.
- Return the garlic, ginger, scotch bonnet and onions to the chicken. Stir in the sesame oil and brown sugar mixture to the pot. Cover pot and bring to boil
- Remove lid then let for simmer for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked
- Garnish with spring onions.Recipes