Whether its Pancake Day, your birthday or a random Tuesday when you have some extra free time, this pancake recipe is sure to brighten your day. Pancakes are really something to get excited about. Anticipating pancakes for breakfast makes it a great morning, a little bit more special, hey you might even sleep better the night before. With a bit of fun, mess and the smell of sugar in the air, you have taken the role of a chef forming batter in the most symmetrical circles.
With its classic and long-lasting tradition in most households, simply no two are ever the same. Sweet or savoury – everyone has a preference maybe with a creative spin, from blueberry pancakes to Amaretto raspberry coolie
I have done you a great favour and gone ahead to find the best pancake base out there, so whatever you choose to add, it really can’t go wrong. Feel free to bookmark this page for future reference.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the centre, and pour in milk, egg and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.